Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- The Pagan Sailors' Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: July 24, 2011
At church this morning, the sermon was on Matthew 7:24-29, in which Jesus contrasts those who hear his words and do them, with those who do not. The former are like those who build their house on a rock, with … Continue reading
I’m continuing my way through Richard Nelson’s commentary on the Book of Joshua. I have three items for today. 1. On the story of Achan in the Book of Joshua (Joshua 7), Nelson states: “Because wicked Achan is so clearly … Continue reading