Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Psalm 38
- Charlene's Story
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Crossroads; I Am Gabriel; Long Walk to Freedom
- The Lord’s Prayer-issues and beauty — theoutwardquest
- About Me
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: June 17, 2011
Yesterday, I talked about Jacob Neusner’s treatment of Sifra Leviticus. Essentially, Neusner believes that Sifra Leviticus was a third century C.E. attempt to ground certain items of the Mishnah in Scripture. In Neusner’s scenario, the Mishnah came before Sifra Leviticus, … Continue reading