Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- John and Realized Eschatology
- About Me
- Beale on Revelation 17
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: May 15, 2011
Speaking “To” the Rock?
In this post, I’m going to talk some about Jacob Milgrom’s Excursus 50 in his Jewish Publication Society commentary on the Book of Numbers. The Excursus is entitled, “Magic, Monotheism, and the Sin of Moses (20:1-13)”. In Numbers 20:8, God … Continue reading
Society, Church, and the Alone
At church this morning, there were two things that stood out to me: 1. Every month, someone from a charity speaks to us. Today, the person speaking to us was a lady from Your Neighbors, Inc. Your Neighbors, Inc. is … Continue reading
Four Documents and Ethnicity
I’m continuing my way through Kenton Sparks’ Ethnicity and Identity in Ancient Israel. In my reading today, Sparks discusses four texts: the Merneptah Stele, the Song of Deborah in Judges 5, Hosea, and Amos. 1. The Merneptah Stele is an … Continue reading