Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- About Me
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: May 10, 2011
Laws for the Ger
In this post, I’ll talk a little about Jacob Milgrom’s “Excursus 34: The ‘Ger’” in his Jewish Publication Society commentary on Numbers. The ger was a Gentile resident alien in the land of Israel. In discussing where they came from, … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Religion 3 Comments
Concluding Weinfeld’s Deuteronomy and the Deuteronomic School
For my write-up today of Moshe Weinfeld’s Deuteronomy and the Deuteronomic School, I’ll write something about each chapter that I read today. In “The Concept of God and the Divine Abode”, Weinfeld states that Deuteronomy 4:26 presents the commandments being … Continue reading