Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- John and Realized Eschatology
- About Me
- Beale on Revelation 17
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: May 4, 2011
In this post, I’ll talk a little about Jeffrey Tigay’s excellent Excursus 14 in his Jewish Publication Society commentary on Deuteronomy, “The Restriction of Sacrifice to a Single Sanctuary (Deuteronomy 12)”. A while back (probably ten years ago), I did … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Deuteronomy, Religion Comments Off on Why Centralization?
Starting Farewell to the Yahwist
I started A Farewell to the Yahwist?: The Composition of the Pentateuch in Recent European Interpretation, which John Anderson recommended to me a while back. In this post, I’ll blog about something from each of the essays. 1. The “Introduction” … Continue reading