Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: February 19, 2011
“Teaching School in a Stable and a Hen-House”
In Booker T. Washington’s Up from Slavery, I read Chapter 8, “Teaching School in a Stable and a Hen-House.” In this chapter, Booker T. Washington talks about the contributions that he received for the struggling Tuskegee Institute—from both African-Americans and … Continue reading
Posted in Black History Month, Race Comments Off on “Teaching School in a Stable and a Hen-House”
Psalm 12: The Words of the Lord Are Pure
For my weekly quiet time this Sabbath, we will study Psalm 12. I’ll open this post with a quote from the Orthodox Jewish Artscroll on the Book of Psalms. I often like how the Artscroll summarizes particular Psalms. “Only God … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Psalms, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time 1 Comment