Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Gratitude and Robinson Crusoe
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: August 8, 2010
Comp Consolidation: Rabbinics
Here are links to my posts for my rabbinics comps readings: I. Mishnah, Tosefta, Midrash Halakhah Alan J. Avery-Peck, Mishnah’s Division of Agriculture: A History and Theology of Seder. Here. Baruch Bokser, The Origins of the Seder. Here, here. Gerson … Continue reading
Posted in Comp Consolidation: Rabbinics Comments Off on Comp Consolidation: Rabbinics
Harrowing One’s Own Hell: Evagrius on Lazarus and the Rich Man
I finished Frank Schaeffer’s Patience with God last night. Basically, his argument was that we find God in people’s love for each other, or something like that. I was intrigued by pages 216-217, in which Frank quotes Evagrius’ Commentary on … Continue reading
Blocher: Can’t Harmonize, So One Is Literary
In my reading today of Henri Blocher’s In the Beginning, Blocher argues that Genesis 1 is literary (and not literal) because Genesis 1 and 2 cannot be harmonized. He states on page 56: If the dry land did not emerge … Continue reading
Posted in Bible Comments Off on Blocher: Can’t Harmonize, So One Is Literary