Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- John 21: Jesus Encourages (Not Rebukes) Peter
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Desperate Housewives: Bree's Faith Life
- Thompson on the Nuzi Texts and Genesis 15
- Thompson on the Execration Texts
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: August 8, 2010
Here are links to my posts for my rabbinics comps readings: I. Mishnah, Tosefta, Midrash Halakhah Alan J. Avery-Peck, Mishnah’s Division of Agriculture: A History and Theology of Seder. Here. Baruch Bokser, The Origins of the Seder. Here, here. Gerson … Continue reading
I finished Frank Schaeffer’s Patience with God last night. Basically, his argument was that we find God in people’s love for each other, or something like that. I was intrigued by pages 216-217, in which Frank quotes Evagrius’ Commentary on … Continue reading