Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: Understanding Dispensationalists, by Vern Poythress
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Ben Sira's View of the Afterlife
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- The Parable of the Sower
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: June 18, 2010
I just read the new Internet Monk’s (Chaplain Mike’s) review of Rachel Held Evans’ Evolving in Monkey Town: see IM Book Review: Evolving in Monkey Town. The following stood out to me: The second part of the book describes the … Continue reading
Folker Siegert, “Homily and Panegyrical Sermon”, Handbook of Classical Rhetoric in the Hellenistic Period, pages 425-426. The refusal to use fine rhetoric on the part of those who would perhaps have been able to use it—the Cynics in particular—testifies to … Continue reading