Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Dissertation Write-Ups: Circumcised Gentile Christians, Sabbath as Sanctuary, John's High Christology
- Crossroads; I Am Gabriel; Long Walk to Freedom
- II Chronicles 21: Elijah's Letter
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Monthly Archives: May 2010
I’ve been reading about Gary Coleman and watching You-Tube videos about him. For a long time, I thought he got a raw deal. He worked so hard as a child actor, making him a ubiquitous presence in my own childhood. … Continue reading
Under Ken Pulliam’s post, James McGrath on “What’s Wrong with Penal Substitution”, there is a discussion between Grace and Andre. Grace is a Christian who used to be an agnostic. And Andre is an ex-Christian. What amazes me is how … Continue reading
Only a Theory?; 70 Virgins; Praise Here; Textbooks; Is Source A Really Early?; Where Is the Holy Spirit?
1. Jerry Coyne, Why Evolution Is True. Rachel Held Evans recommended this book to me a while back on her blog, when I said that I didn’t understand the nuts-and-bolts of evolution. She said that she could actually comprehend the … Continue reading
I finished William P. Young’s The Shack yesterday, but I still have things that I want to say about it. There are some quotes that still stand out in my mind. Plus, I want to comment on The Shack‘s explanations … Continue reading
…Speed, with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bulluck! Hopper sure was a scary villain in that movie!
Dennis Hopper has passed away. I was reading the wikipedia article on him, trying to see if I’ve seen him in anything. I haven’t seen him in much, since I haven’t gotten around to watching James Dean movies (though I … Continue reading
1. I finished William Young’s The Shack today. Here’s the passage from it that I want to feature. It’s on page 248: If you ever get a chance to hang out with Mack, you will soon learn that he’s hoping … Continue reading
For my weekly quiet time this week, I studied II Kings 7. Syria is besieging Samaria, the capital city in Northern Israel, and there is a desperate famine within that city. Elisha the prophet predicts that the famine will end … Continue reading
Unconditional Forgiveness?; Seeker Services?; Broader Emergency Prayers; Literacy and Advancement; Uninteresting Source Criticism; Solidifying Who You Are; God or D.C. Collins?
1. William P. Young, The Shack, pages 224-225: “So what then? I just forgive him and everything is okay, and we become buddies?” Mack stated softly but sarcastically. “You don’t have a relationship with this man, at least not yet. … Continue reading
Judging; James Troesch Marathon; Fluent Prayers?; Written Prophecies; Macho Brand; Parallelism; Moishe Rosen
1. William P. Young, The Shack, page 203: “Is that why we like law so much—to give us some control?” asked Mack. “It is much worse than that,” resumed Sarayu. “It grants you the power to judge others and feel … Continue reading