Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Did the Ancients Interpret Their Cosmologies Literally?
- John MacArthur on the American Revolution, Voting
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Daily Archives: April 2, 2010
Sensory Issues and Disclosure, Age of Levitical Service, Tacitus’ Job-Change, Pilgrim’s Odyssey, Origin of the Septuagint
1. Zosia Zaks, Life and Love: Positive Strategies for Autistic Adults, page 19: I’ve also learned that you usually do not need to launch into a full explanation of autism or disclose your disability if you don’t want to. A … Continue reading
I watched Moses, a 1975 movie starring Burt Lancaster. One scene that stood out to me was when the Pharaoh was praying to the statue of a god who had a man’s body and a bird’s head. The Pharaoh’s son … Continue reading
I just watched the 2006 movie, The Ten Commandments, starring (among others) Dougray Scott, Naveen Andrews (Sayid from Lost), and Omar Shariff. In this post, I want to discuss two issues: 1. The movie made certain claims about Egyptian religion. First, … Continue reading