Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Where Were You During Apartheid?"
- Psalm 78 and the plagues of Egypt
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Death Penalty
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Review: Three Days in January
- Book Write-Up: The Assault
- Eerdword: “But They’re Illegal!”
- Book Review: Founding Feuds
- Review: The Loyal Son
- Church Write-Up: People Are Lions (and Other Items)
- Sparks and the age of the Song of Deborah
- Goodbye, Miss Luna
- Book Write-Up: The Whispering of the Willows
- Church Write-Up: Service and Faith
Monthly Archives: March 2010
Michael Patton of Parchment and Pen has a blog post that’s getting me riled up, entitled Why I Don’t Like “Once-Saved-Aways-Saved”. Here are some passages from the post, and I’ve included the link so that the reader can see them … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Sara Japhet’s The Ideology of the Book of Chronicles and Its Place in Biblical Thought, I want to look at pages 102-105. I Kings 8:21 reads (in the translation Japhet uses): “And there I have … Continue reading
Today, I saw at my local theater The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers. Daniel Ellsberg worked with the Rand Corporation, which developed strategy for the U.S. Government for the war in Vietnam. His claim … Continue reading
Hi readers! I’m at the library right now. For Women’s History Month today, I want to post a few lines from Buddy Foster’s book, Foster Child: A Biography of Jodie Foster. Buddy is Jodie Foster’s older brother. In the following … Continue reading
For Women’s History Month today, I have two items: 1. One of my favorite movies about feminism is Mona Lisa Smile, a 2003 movie starring Julia Roberts. I’ll probably watch it on Wednesday, March 31, the last day of Women’s … Continue reading
I’m going to get my academic write-up out of the way right now, but I’ll be doing some academic reading this afternoon. On pages 90-92 of The Ideology of the Book of Chronicles and Its Place in Biblical Thought, Sara … Continue reading