Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Influence and Intertextuality
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Lee Harmon on the Two Witnesses
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Psalm 119: Shin/Sin
- Brace Yourself…
- Who are the 24 Elders in Revelation 4?
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- History and general revelation
- Book Write-Up: Forgiving My Daughter’s Killer
- Review: 16 Strivings for God
- Adams-how new is the new creation?
- Book Write-Up: The Atonement, by Beverly Lewis
- “Cannons”, Grace, and Grief
- Behold Your Gods, O Israel — The Golden Calves of Aaron and Jeroboam
Monthly Archives: March 2010
Michael Patton of Parchment and Pen has a blog post that’s getting me riled up, entitled Why I Don’t Like “Once-Saved-Aways-Saved”. Here are some passages from the post, and I’ve included the link so that the reader can see them … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Sara Japhet’s The Ideology of the Book of Chronicles and Its Place in Biblical Thought, I want to look at pages 102-105. I Kings 8:21 reads (in the translation Japhet uses): “And there I have … Continue reading
Today, I saw at my local theater The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers. Daniel Ellsberg worked with the Rand Corporation, which developed strategy for the U.S. Government for the war in Vietnam. His claim … Continue reading
Hi readers! I’m at the library right now. For Women’s History Month today, I want to post a few lines from Buddy Foster’s book, Foster Child: A Biography of Jodie Foster. Buddy is Jodie Foster’s older brother. In the following … Continue reading
For Women’s History Month today, I have two items: 1. One of my favorite movies about feminism is Mona Lisa Smile, a 2003 movie starring Julia Roberts. I’ll probably watch it on Wednesday, March 31, the last day of Women’s … Continue reading
I’m going to get my academic write-up out of the way right now, but I’ll be doing some academic reading this afternoon. On pages 90-92 of The Ideology of the Book of Chronicles and Its Place in Biblical Thought, Sara … Continue reading