Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Essays I'll Need to Revisit
- The "We-Passages"
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- The Hour Is Come!
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: February 8, 2010
Roots 2, Yahwistic Midianites, Good or Bad Wilderness Experience, This Land Is Your Land, Mochos
1. Today, for Black History Month, I watched the second episode of Roots. In it, the African Kunta Kinte has arrived to America on a slave ship, and he’s purchased by Mr. Reynolds, who’s played by Lorne Greene of Bonanza … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Black History Month, Greco-Roman, Philosophy, Religion, Roots, Television Comments Off on Roots 2, Yahwistic Midianites, Good or Bad Wilderness Experience, This Land Is Your Land, Mochos
Roots 1, Original?, Go with Ethics, Patience
1. Today, for Black History Month, I watched volume 1 of Roots. On this episode, we meet Kunta Kinte (played by Lavar Burton), the African ancestor of Alex Haley. He is abducted and put on a slave ship, which is … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Black History Month, Greco-Roman, Movies, Philosophy, Religion, Roots, Television Comments Off on Roots 1, Original?, Go with Ethics, Patience