Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- "Where Were You During Apartheid?"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Accused
- About Me
- Patterns of Evidence (the Exodus), Part 3: Ipuwer
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Book Write-Up: A Doubter’s Guide to the Ten Commandments
- Book Write-Up: A Little Handbook for Preachers
- Book Write-Up: What Christians Ought to Believe
- Not Wanting to Be Hurtful
- Book Write-Up: Critical Theology, by Carl A. Raschke
- “Paul on Being Justified by Faith[fulness],” by Derek Leman
- Book Write-Up: A Tapestry of Secrets, by Sarah Loudin Thomas
- Book Write-Up: UnClobber, by Colby Martin
- Salt, Light, and Lack of Charisma
- Beale-Daniel’s rock
Daily Archives: January 28, 2010
Two people have passed away: Zelda Rubinstein and J.D. Salinger. 1. Zelda Rubinstein played on the movie Poltergeist, though I knew her more as the mischievous secretary on Picket Fences. My family didn’t watch Poltergeist, probably because we felt that … Continue reading
I joined a Facebook group supporting Tim Tebow’s pro-life commercial, which may or may not appear during the Superbowl. (Go Colts!) I joined it because, on the commercial, Tebow talks about how he’s glad that his mom didn’t abort him … Continue reading
The AP has a story, Howard Zinn, liberal author of ‘A People’s History,’ dies. I don’t know much about him. I heard of him on Good Will Hunting because Matt Daimon told Robin Williams’ that Zinn’s People’s History will “knock your … Continue reading
1. In Ancient Israelite Religion, I read Jeffrey Tigay’s “Israelite Religion: The Onomastic and Epigraphic Evidence.” Tigay’s conclusion after his survey is as follows (page 178): Since personal names, salutations, votives, prayers, and oaths express thanks for the gods’ beneficence, … Continue reading