Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Waltons: The Actress
- Jonathan Edwards (and the Puritans) in High School
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- John of Gischala vs. Josephus, and the Book of Revelation
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Current Events Write-Up: Premiums and Cancer Patients, Prophet Johnson on Trump, the UN, MLK on Planned Parenthood, and the Other Gettysburg Address
- Don’t Leave Home: A Discussion Of Presidential Farewell Addresses
- Church Write-Up: Church Is About Jesus
- Book Write-Up: Amish Weddings, by Leslie Gould
- Moltmann, Irenaeus, and Augustine on Theodicy
- Nyssa: The Recovery Must Fit the Disease: (Or, Not Everyone Is A Youth Group Refugee)
- The Problem of Christian Float
- A Design For American Health Care
- Book Review: ‘Protestant Metaphysics after Karl Barth and Martin Heidegger’, by Timothy Stanley
- Current Events Write-Up: Pharmaceuticals, Barack Obama’s Departure, a Three-State Solution, Patricia Heaton, Anne Frank, Etc.
Daily Archives: January 28, 2010
Two people have passed away: Zelda Rubinstein and J.D. Salinger. 1. Zelda Rubinstein played on the movie Poltergeist, though I knew her more as the mischievous secretary on Picket Fences. My family didn’t watch Poltergeist, probably because we felt that … Continue reading
I joined a Facebook group supporting Tim Tebow’s pro-life commercial, which may or may not appear during the Superbowl. (Go Colts!) I joined it because, on the commercial, Tebow talks about how he’s glad that his mom didn’t abort him … Continue reading
The AP has a story, Howard Zinn, liberal author of ‘A People’s History,’ dies. I don’t know much about him. I heard of him on Good Will Hunting because Matt Daimon told Robin Williams’ that Zinn’s People’s History will “knock your … Continue reading
1. In Ancient Israelite Religion, I read Jeffrey Tigay’s “Israelite Religion: The Onomastic and Epigraphic Evidence.” Tigay’s conclusion after his survey is as follows (page 178): Since personal names, salutations, votives, prayers, and oaths express thanks for the gods’ beneficence, … Continue reading