Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- About Me
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: December 6, 2009
Let the Earth Rejoice!
For my Latin mass this morning, we had the priest who preaches about love. The topic was our response to the second coming of Christ. The priest said that many people fear the event, thinking it will be the end … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time Comments Off on Let the Earth Rejoice!
The Ammonite Balaam Story
In Friday’s reading of Joseph Bleckinsopp’s A History of Prophecy in Israel, the following stood out to me (page 41): An inscription roughly contemporary with Isaiah written in ink on plaster, discovered at Deir ‘Alla in what was then the … Continue reading