Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- 5/1/2012 Links
- Lost, Determinism, and Free Will
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Aaron Jastrow's Sermon
- Matthew Thiessen's Contesting Conversion
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Another Joan, Season 3
- Steve Hays Contra Hector Avalos: Were the Disciples Deadbeat Dads?
- Leaning Towards Darth Hillary?
- Prepare yourself
- What Does the Church’s “Teaching Authority” Mean for Protestants?
- Peter and the Keys of the Kingdom
- Left Behind (2014); Dear Mr. Watterson
- Review: Buffalo for the Broken Heart
- Why the fuss about evolution?
- Review: Ancient Gospel or Modern Forgery?: The Secret Gospel of Mark in Debate: Proceedings from the 2011 York University Christian Apocrypha Symposium
- Orwellian Advice: A Guest Post by the Mere Inkling
Daily Archives: September 30, 2009
1. Jacob Neusner, Invitation to Midrash: The Workings of Rabbinic Bible Interpretation (Atlanta: Scholars, 1998) 231. Neusner lists points lacking emphasis in the rabbinic “Fathers According to Rabbi Nathan ” (fifth-sixth centuries). One of them is “an assertion that one … Continue reading