Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- Did the Ancients Interpret Their Cosmologies Literally?
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Pagan Miracles and Pseudo-Philo
- Review: Scotland: A New History
- Book Write-Up: C.S. Lewis, by Alister McGrath
- Genesis 2 and Pentecost
- II Chronicles 34 (Rambling)
- Between Me and God
- Book Write-Up: How Jesus Became God, by Bart Ehrman
- Pseudo-Philo, Hell, and Soul Sleep
- About That Post I Wrote on Baptism…
- A Letter To The Tenuous Christian Who Has Left Church and Is Hanging On By A Thread
Daily Archives: September 30, 2009
1. Jacob Neusner, Invitation to Midrash: The Workings of Rabbinic Bible Interpretation (Atlanta: Scholars, 1998) 231. Neusner lists points lacking emphasis in the rabbinic “Fathers According to Rabbi Nathan ” (fifth-sixth centuries). One of them is “an assertion that one … Continue reading