Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Ideas in Christianity Putting Some People's Minds in a Tailspin!
- Queen vs. Roots: The Next Generation
- About Me
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: Culture, by A.W. Tozer
- Book Write-Up: The Cherished Quilt, by Amy Clipston
- Second Isaiah and the Gods of Babylon
- Final Ramblings on the Republican National Convention
- Beale-the temple in the garden
- Book Write-Up: Eschatology
- Ramblings on Trials
- Ramblings on the Republican National Convention, Night 1
- The Story of Balaam: How Biblical Tradition Turned a Prophet of God into an Arch-Heretic
Daily Archives: September 30, 2009
1. Jacob Neusner, Invitation to Midrash: The Workings of Rabbinic Bible Interpretation (Atlanta: Scholars, 1998) 231. Neusner lists points lacking emphasis in the rabbinic “Fathers According to Rabbi Nathan ” (fifth-sixth centuries). One of them is “an assertion that one … Continue reading