Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Jesus' Halakah: Strict and Lenient
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- John 21: Jesus Encourages (Not Rebukes) Peter
- Jerry Voorhis: The Strange Case of Richard Milhous Nixon 1
- Derek Leman’s Comments on Luke 16:1-18 (the Shrewd Steward)
- Sermon at a New Church: The Significance of Baptism
- Book Write-Up: Bulls, Bears and Golden Calves
- II Chronicles 31
- Searching for a New Church
- Last Day at My Current Church
- Spark-constructive approaches
- Book Write-Up: Searching for Sunday, by Rachel Held Evans
- Ramblings on Goodness and Pride
- Sparks-is reading the Bible this way hostile to faith?
Daily Archives: September 30, 2009
1. Jacob Neusner, Invitation to Midrash: The Workings of Rabbinic Bible Interpretation (Atlanta: Scholars, 1998) 231. Neusner lists points lacking emphasis in the rabbinic “Fathers According to Rabbi Nathan ” (fifth-sixth centuries). One of them is “an assertion that one … Continue reading