Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- "The Amazing Power of Prayer"
- Book Write-Up: New Testament Introduction, by Donald Guthrie
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Silent Scream, and Planned Parenthood's Response
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Daily Archives: September 20, 2009
At my Latin mass this morning, we didn’t have our usual priest, but rather the one who likes to talk about politics and the culture wars. The text he preached on was the one in which Jesus says that … Continue reading
September 19 is Rosh Hoshanah for this year, or, as Armstrongites and others like to call it, “the Feast of Trumpets.” For Armstrongites, this festival is about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, which will occur with the blast … Continue reading
In last week’s post on II Samuel 18, Ahimaaz’s Tidings, I discussed the possible motives of Ahimaaz and Joab when Ahimaaz wanted to run and tell David about his side’s victory, while Joab tried to discourage him from doing so. … Continue reading