Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Beale's Amillennialism Contra N.T. Wright
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: September 14, 2009
Jacob Neusner, The Midrash: An Introduction (Northvale: Jason Aronson, 1990) 59. Neusner quotes Sifra Leviticus, Parashah 7:14:1 (fourth century C.E., according to the Encyclopedia Judaica), which interacts with Leviticus 1:14-17: “The priest shall bring it to the altar, pinch off … Continue reading
Jacob Neusner, The Midrash: An Introduction (Northvale: Jason Aronson, 1990) 21. Neusner quotes from Pesikta De-Rav Kahana 1:5. Neusner dates this work to the fifth century C.E. The following passage interacts with Numbers 7:1, which concerns the completion of the … Continue reading