Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Waltons: The Actress
- Jonathan Edwards (and the Puritans) in High School
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- John of Gischala vs. Josephus, and the Book of Revelation
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Current Events Write-Up: Premiums and Cancer Patients, Prophet Johnson on Trump, the UN, MLK on Planned Parenthood, and the Other Gettysburg Address
- Don’t Leave Home: A Discussion Of Presidential Farewell Addresses
- Church Write-Up: Church Is About Jesus
- Book Write-Up: Amish Weddings, by Leslie Gould
- Moltmann, Irenaeus, and Augustine on Theodicy
- Nyssa: The Recovery Must Fit the Disease: (Or, Not Everyone Is A Youth Group Refugee)
- The Problem of Christian Float
- A Design For American Health Care
- Book Review: ‘Protestant Metaphysics after Karl Barth and Martin Heidegger’, by Timothy Stanley
- Current Events Write-Up: Pharmaceuticals, Barack Obama’s Departure, a Three-State Solution, Patricia Heaton, Anne Frank, Etc.
Daily Archives: September 11, 2009
As far as current reflections are concerned, I watched Michael Moore’s Sicko about a month ago, and a big part of the movie is when Michael Moore takes 9/11 rescue workers to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The rescue workers were unable … Continue reading
N.R.M De Lange, Origen and the Jews: Studies in Jewish-Christian Relations in Third-Century Palestine (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1976) 170. E.g. Mekilta on Exodus xv.1 (Lauterbach ii.20): ‘and so you find that God will not eventually punish the kingdoms until … Continue reading
Frank Schaeffer, Crazy for God (Cambridge: Carroll and Graf, 2007) 136-137. After talking a little about his dad’s depression, Frank offers the following insights: Suffering from bouts of depression, I have come to understand that the choice is to carry … Continue reading
N.R.M De Lange, Origen and the Jews: Studies in Jewish-Christian Relations in Third-Century Palestine (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1976) 93. In my post, Origen, the Sabbath, and the Literal Sense, I quoted De Lange’s discussion of an Old Testament command … Continue reading
For my paper on I Kings 8:1-30’s use of II Samuel 7, as well as the Deuteronomic emendations of both passages, I’ll need to define relevant parts of the Deuteronomist’s agenda using the Book of Deuteronomy. I’ll also have to … Continue reading