Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- The Hour Is Come!
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The "We-Passages"
- St. Francis of Assisi and the Three Robbers
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 9, 2009
To Whom Do the Scriptures Belong?
N.R.M De Lange, Origen and the Jews: Studies in Jewish-Christian Relations in Third-Century Palestine (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1976) 84. …Origen sets out to demonstrate that the Old Testament belongs not to the Jews but to the Church… This has … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Jewish-Christian Relations, Origen, Rabbinics, Religion Comments Off on To Whom Do the Scriptures Belong?
A Strong Woman, Honesty in Marriage
Frank Schaeffer, Crazy for God (Cambridge: Carroll and Graf, 2007) 105-106. Frank includes this 1961 letter from his mom, Edith: Dear Frankie, I had a special blessing from the Lord today. Fran had to spend the night over at Rotterdam … Continue reading
Color Code for II Samuel 7
In this post, I want to color code II Samuel 7 according to P. Kyle McCarter’s division of the sources in his Anchor Bible commentary. The code is as follows: Green will be for the primitive document, which McCarter dates … Continue reading