Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Deism, Separation of Church and State
- Book Write-Up: Can Evangelicals Learn from World Religions?, by Gerald R. McDermott
- Isaiah and the Inviolability of Zion
- The Church Fathers Wrestle with Jesus' Declaration of Ignorance (Matthew 24:36)
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- R.A. Torrey on the Sabbath and the Holy Spirit
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: September 8, 2009
N.R.M De Lange, Origen and the Jews: Studies in Jewish-Christian Relations in Third-Century Palestine (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1976) 40. The fullest discussion concerns the rules for the observance of the Sabbath. Pointing out the impossibility of observing literally the … Continue reading
I just watched a Fox-News special on textbooks in American schools, hosted by Tucker Carlson. Two things stood out to me: 1. Because homosexual schoolchildren and the adopted children of gay parents are being bullied, many schools have embraced anti-bias … Continue reading
Tomorrow, President Obama will address America’s schoolchildren. Conservatives fear that he will indoctrinate them with his socialist agenda, while supporters of the President maintain that he just wants to encourage them to do well in school. I have no objection … Continue reading
Check out Patristic Carnival XXVII on Polycarp’s site!
Johannes Quasten, Patrology, vol. I: The Beginnings of Patristic Literature, from the Apostle’s Creed to Irenaeus (Westminster: Christian Classics, 1983) 297-298. The Christian thinker Irenaeus (second-third centuries C.E.) states in Against Heresies 3:22:4 that Mary was the second Eve, only … Continue reading