Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: July 26, 2009
Stoics on the Unity of Virtue
Frederick Copleston, A History of Philosophy, Volume I: Greece and Rome (Westminster: Newman, 1959) 398. Copleston summarizes the Stoic view of virtue: If all the virtues are so bound up with one another that he who possesses the one must … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Greco-Roman, Philosophy, Religion Comments Off on Stoics on the Unity of Virtue
Obama-Care: Bucking the Special Interests?
The first half of Friday’s Bill Moyer’s Journal was about health care, a topic that’s often crossed my mind this past week. Here is the transcript for that episode. Moyers was interviewing journalist Trudy Lieberman along with physician and Harvard … Continue reading
Posted in Current Events, Health Care, Politics, Television Comments Off on Obama-Care: Bucking the Special Interests?