Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: July 18, 2009
Brief Reaction to the “Who’s Qualified?” Debate
There’s a debate that’s been going on in the blogosphere this past week. One side says that only biblical scholars are qualified to comment on the Bible. “You wouldn’t go to an amateur if you needed brain surgery, so why … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Life, Religion 4 Comments
Randall Flagg on Picket Fences
I’ve been watching the first season of Picket Fences, an Emmy-winning show from the 1990’s. I pulled out volume 5, and the picture on the DVD was of a crow or raven sitting on a white picket fence. “Who’s coming … Continue reading
Posted in Stephen King, Television Comments Off on Randall Flagg on Picket Fences
Tomorrow’s Post: Cronkite and McNamara
I just learned that Walter Cronkite has passed away. I will write a commemoration of both him and Robert McNamara in my blog post tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Posted in Deaths Comments Off on Tomorrow’s Post: Cronkite and McNamara