Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Ideas in Christianity Putting Some People's Minds in a Tailspin!
- The Accused
- About Me
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Queen vs. Roots: The Next Generation
- Book Write-Up: Culture, by A.W. Tozer
- Book Write-Up: The Cherished Quilt, by Amy Clipston
- Second Isaiah and the Gods of Babylon
- Final Ramblings on the Republican National Convention
- Beale-the temple in the garden
- Book Write-Up: Eschatology
- Ramblings on Trials
- Ramblings on the Republican National Convention, Night 1
- The Story of Balaam: How Biblical Tradition Turned a Prophet of God into an Arch-Heretic
Daily Archives: July 6, 2009
I just learned that Robert McNamara has died. McNamara was Lyndon Johnson’s Secretary of Defense, who is blamed for America’s deep involvement in the Vietnam War. I want to write a fuller post, but that will have to wait, since … Continue reading
Johannes Quasten, Patrology, vol. II: The Ante-Nicene Literature After Irenaeus (Westminster: Christian Classics, 1990) 358. Cyprian was an African bishop in the third century. He states the following about God’s forgiveness of sins: As in the laver of saving water … Continue reading