Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- About Me
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Optimism and Cynicism, and Stephen King's IT
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Remember Sunday
- GTA, Mary Magdalene, and the Last Temptation of Christ
- The Jerusalem Council: More Law, Random Rules, or Something Else?
- An Anarchist Reading of Romans 13; Lloyd Pietersen
- How Does Dr. Constantine Campbell Keep his Greek?
- Reading Revelation with fresh eyes: why I’m excited about my latest book arrival
- Book Write-Up: The Da Vinci Fraud, by Robert M. Price
- Compassion As an Anecdote?
- Steve Hays Contra Hector Avalos: Were the Disciples Deadbeat Dads?
- Leaning Towards Darth Hillary?
- Prepare yourself
Daily Archives: July 6, 2009
I just learned that Robert McNamara has died. McNamara was Lyndon Johnson’s Secretary of Defense, who is blamed for America’s deep involvement in the Vietnam War. I want to write a fuller post, but that will have to wait, since … Continue reading
Johannes Quasten, Patrology, vol. II: The Ante-Nicene Literature After Irenaeus (Westminster: Christian Classics, 1990) 358. Cyprian was an African bishop in the third century. He states the following about God’s forgiveness of sins: As in the laver of saving water … Continue reading