Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Christmas Wish
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- About Me
- The Pagan Sailors' Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Taking Stock: One Year After Trump
- Review: The Way of Hope
- Book Write-Up: Is This the End?, by David Jeremiah
- When Suffering Turns Your World Upside Down
- Carr-Paul, trauma, and zeal
- Church Write-Up: Surprised Not Shocked; Imputed or Practical?; Avoiding Hell by Productivity?
- Book Review: The Scandal Of Redemption
- Carr-trauma, atonement, and the Jesus Jews
- Book Write-Up: The Miracle Worker and the Misfits
- Fictional Characters Who Appear Even in Historical Literature
Daily Archives: July 6, 2009
I just learned that Robert McNamara has died. McNamara was Lyndon Johnson’s Secretary of Defense, who is blamed for America’s deep involvement in the Vietnam War. I want to write a fuller post, but that will have to wait, since … Continue reading
Johannes Quasten, Patrology, vol. II: The Ante-Nicene Literature After Irenaeus (Westminster: Christian Classics, 1990) 358. Cyprian was an African bishop in the third century. He states the following about God’s forgiveness of sins: As in the laver of saving water … Continue reading