Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Norman Thomas on the New Deal
- Abraham Lincoln and John Locke
- Book Write-Up: The Christ of the Covenants, by O. Palmer Robertson
- About Me
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: Freedom, by Jeremy Griffith
- Book Write-Up: The Counselor, by A.W. Tozer
- Book Write-Up: If God Is Good, by Randy Alcorn
- A Religious Drifter Experiencing God?
- Personal and Ideological Inroads to full LGBT Inclusion in the United Methodist Church now that General Conference 2016 is here
- Were the Pastoral Epistles Responding to the “Acts of Paul and Thecla”?
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Challenges for the Study of Pseudepigrapha
- When the Bad Side Can Do Miracles, Too: Apocalypse of Elijah 3 and Gospel of Nicodemus 5
- Items from the Gospel of Nicodemus
Daily Archives: July 6, 2009
I just learned that Robert McNamara has died. McNamara was Lyndon Johnson’s Secretary of Defense, who is blamed for America’s deep involvement in the Vietnam War. I want to write a fuller post, but that will have to wait, since … Continue reading
Johannes Quasten, Patrology, vol. II: The Ante-Nicene Literature After Irenaeus (Westminster: Christian Classics, 1990) 358. Cyprian was an African bishop in the third century. He states the following about God’s forgiveness of sins: As in the laver of saving water … Continue reading