Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Blunt and Gentle Christians Respond
- Desperate Housewives: Bree's Faith Life
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: July 2, 2009
Is Venting Effective?
G. Reale, A History of Ancient Philosophy: The Systems of the Hellenistic Age, trans. John R. Catan (Albany: State University of New York Press, 1985) 374. Epicurus said that if a philosophy is not able to treat some passion of … Continue reading
Posted in Alcoholism, Bible, Church, Comps, Greco-Roman, Philosophy, Psychology, Religion 1 Comment
Tertullian the (Semi-)Arian?
Johannes Quasten, Patrology, vol. II: The Ante-Nicene Literature After Irenaeus (Westminster: Christian Classics, 1990) 326-327. …Tertullian could not shake off entirely the influence of subordinationism. The old distinction between the Logos endiathetos and the Logos prophorikos, the Word internal or … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Comps, Rabbinics, Regulation 7 Comments