Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- John 21: Jesus Encourages (Not Rebukes) Peter
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The Death Penalty
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 12, 2009
Experiencing a Higher Power, Part II
Under my post, Experiencing a Higher Power, Russell Miller says there’s a contradiction between my following two statements: “Not only was it anti-intellectual in that it smugly blew off certain thoughts without giving them due consideration, but it also promoted … Continue reading
Posted in Alcoholism, Life, Religion Comments Off on Experiencing a Higher Power, Part II
Experiencing a Higher Power
At an AA meeting earlier this week, we read the Big Book’s chapter to the agnostic, which encourages atheists and agnostics to believe in a “higher power.” There are times when I really like this chapter, but that time around … Continue reading
Posted in Alcoholism, Life, Religion Comments Off on Experiencing a Higher Power