Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Book Write-Up: The Counselor, by A.W. Tozer
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Chapter 6 of The Stand
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: January 2, 2009
The following is for my benefit as I write my paper on plunder in the Temple Scroll. My paper concerns how the Temple Scroll (of the Dead Sea Scrolls) and other Second Temple literature interact with the Torah’s laws on … Continue reading
In my post, Why Did Christianity Grow?, I discussed Philip Schaff’s explanations for the growth of early Christianity. Doug Ward and Steph recommended that I read Rodney Starks’ Rise of Christianity, and Steph also suggested James Crossley’s Why Christianity Happened. … Continue reading