Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: December 15, 2008
Jesus the Literate, Slavery, Had Adam and Eve Done It Right
1. M. Bar-Ilan, “Writing in Ancient Israel. Part Two: Scribes and Books in the Late Second Commonwealth and Rabbinic Period,” Mikra: Text, Translation, Reading and Interpretation of the Hebrew Bible in Ancient Judaism and Early Christianity, ed. Martin Jan Mulder … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Books, Comps, Daily Quiet Time, History, Ignatius, Leviticus, Life, Madeleine L'Engle, Rabbinics, School 3 Comments
Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
I saw an episode of the Waltons today with Victor French–Isaiah Edwards on Little House on the Prairie, and Mark Gordon on Highway to Heaven. He didn’t have a beard! He didn’t even have a heavy mustache, which he generally … Continue reading
Posted in Highway to Heaven, Michael Landon, Movies, Television, Waltons 2 Comments
God’s Quiz, More on the Afterlife, a Present Kingdom
1. Aaron Demsky, “Writing in Ancient Israel. Part One: The Biblical Period,” Mikra: Text, Translation, Reading and Interpretation of the Hebrew Bible in Ancient Judaism and Early Christianity, ed. Martin Jan Mulder (Peabody: Hendrickson, 2004) 13. “In fact, it has … Continue reading