Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Ramblings on Jeremiah 30:21: The Prince Who Dares (Or Engages His Heart) to Approach God
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Ramblings on The Devil's Advocate and Demons Being Unafraid of the Bible
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Booknotes: Puritans, Brown on LGBTQ Movement, Laura Ingraham
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
Daily Archives: November 17, 2008
Source: H. Graetz, History of the Jews, volume II (Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America, 1893) 331. “Jochanan ben Zakkai, the head not of the State but of the community, appears to have acted as a shield from a political … Continue reading
Source: John Sellars, Stoicism (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2006) 53. “When one of his students interrupts and says that studying logic is a waste of time because it will not help him improve his character, Epictetus replies by saying … Continue reading
Source: George W.E. Nickelsburg, “The Bible Rewritten and Expanded,” Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period, ed. Michael E. Stone (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1984) 126-127. “In his dream Moses is conveyed to Sinai’s peak, where he sees a gigantic throne and … Continue reading
I’ve been reading two versions of Joan of Arcadia: Season 3. You can find them here and here. For background on where season 2 ended, see my post, Joan of Arcadia, Season 3. These authors are not Barbara Hall, the … Continue reading
Source: H. Graetz, History of the Jews, volume II (Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America, 1893) 307. “For a whole night and the next day the fire raged fiercely; then Titus commanded that it should be extinguished, and that a … Continue reading
Source: John Sellars, Stoicism (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2006) 39. The Stoic poet Lucan says about the first century B.C.E. figure Cato: “Cato was a true father of his country, and far worthier than others who have since been … Continue reading
Source: George W.E. Nickelsburg, “The Bible Rewritten and Expanded,” Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period, ed. Michael E. Stone (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1984) 103. “…many of Jubilees’ additions to the biblical text of Genesis and Exodus have the Jew-gentile situation … Continue reading