Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Ramblings on Jeremiah 30:21: The Prince Who Dares (Or Engages His Heart) to Approach God
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Ramblings on The Devil's Advocate and Demons Being Unafraid of the Bible
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Booknotes: Puritans, Brown on LGBTQ Movement, Laura Ingraham
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
Daily Archives: November 13, 2008
Source: Harold W. Attridge, “Josephus and His Works,” Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period, ed. Michael E. Stone (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1984) 223. “Josephus maintains that the ‘exact succession of the prophets’, which guarantees the historical reliability of the records … Continue reading
Today, I watched the first episode of the Waltons with Corabeth. Like yesterday, this was purely an accident: I put a tape in, and that’s what happened to be on. I’ve just had a knack lately for randomly picking special … Continue reading
Source: Michael Fishbane’s Biblical Interpretation in Ancient Israel (New York: Oxford, 1988) 185. Ezekiel 20:25-26 states: “Moreover I gave them statutes that were not good and ordinances by which they could not live. I defiled them through their very gifts, … Continue reading
Source: H. Graetz, History of the Jews, volume II (Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America, 1893) 179. Graetz states the following about Strabo, a Greek geographer from the first century B.C.E. to the first century C.E., and a proponent of … Continue reading
Source: Harold W. Attridge, “Josephus and His Works,” Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period, ed. Michael E. Stone (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1984) 203. “The portrait of Titus [by Josephus] as the reluctant and compassionate destroyer of Jerusalem [in 70 C.E.] … Continue reading