Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: A Light to My Path, by Lynn Austin
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is God Fair in the Book of Job?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: November 10, 2008
Fishbane on Numbers 15, Part 4
Source: Michael Fishbane’s Biblical Interpretation in Ancient Israel (New York: Oxford, 1988) 194. Fishbane states the following about Numbers 15’s interpretation of Leviticus 4: “Clearly [in Numbers 15] YHWH is not the speaker, for he is referred to in the … Continue reading
Those Rebellious Shammaites
Source: H. Graetz, History of the Jews, volume II (Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America, 1893) 108. “These despotic acts of Herod were not calculated to make him beloved by his people. He was perfectly aware of their ill-will towards … Continue reading
Canon and Ben Sira
Source: M. Gilbert, “Wisdom Literature,” Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period, ed. Michael E. Stone (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1984) 300. On Ben Sira: “In the first century C.E. the book continued to circulate, as at Masada and Qumran. But nothing … Continue reading
I Just Heard…
I just listened to the now famous Rahm Emanuel on Face the Nation. From what people have said about him, I expected a tiger! After all, Josh Lyman on the West Wing was supposedly based on this guy. But I … Continue reading
Posted in Current Events, Politics, Television, West Wing 5 Comments