Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Christmas Wish
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Accused
- Review: Ancient Gospel or Modern Forgery?: The Secret Gospel of Mark in Debate: Proceedings from the 2011 York University Christian Apocrypha Symposium
- The Original Sign of Immanuel (Isaiah 7:1-14)
- “Without love my confession of the name of Christ even by shedding my blood or offering my body to be burnt will avail me nothing”
- A Personal Reflection on RC Sproul’s Impact — The Evangelical Calvinist
- Matthew 1:18-23 – The Sign of Immanuel
- Book Write-Up: MUSLIM, by Hank Hanegraaff
- Book review: Disarming Scripture
- Church Write-Up: Tragedy and Humility
- Friedman-did love really trump hate?
- Writing tips
- Do something novel, sing in church!
Monthly Archives: November 2008
Source: Archbishop Daniel E. Pilarczyk, Being Catholic: How We Believe, Practice, and Think (Cincinnati: St. Anthony Messenger Press, 2006) 185. “There are many ways to see God in creation. Everything that is is somehow created to reflect God. We can … Continue reading
I watched Star Trek: The Motion Picture a few nights ago because Stephen Collins was on it, and I wanted to see if he was anything like Eric Camden on 7th Heaven. Catherine Hicks was on Star Trek IV, and … Continue reading
It’s Thanksgiving today, and we just had our big meal. Now, we’re preparing ourselves for the best part of the holiday–leftovers for the weekend after Thanksgiving! Most of my family and friends at the dinner didn’t think the football games … Continue reading
I’m home in Indiana right now, and one of my traditions when I’m here is to peruse old issues of the Journal. The Journal is a newspaper that has articles by various people in the Armstrongite movement, though I believe … Continue reading
Source: H. Graetz, History of the Jews, volume II (Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America, 1893) 487. “How great a reverence was felt for Judah may be seen from the fact that, on his death, no less honors were paid … Continue reading
Source: John Sellars, Stoicism (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2006) 126. “But of course every finite being will come up against external causes that will limit its freedom. Ideally one will want to reduce the number of those freedom-limiting encounters … Continue reading
Source: J.J. Collins, “The Sibylline Oracles,” Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period, ed. Michael E. Stone (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1984) 374. “The assumption of Geffcken and Rzach that the conquest of Mesopotamia could only be prophesied after the fact is … Continue reading