Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Hour Is Come!
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: October 31, 2008
Which Source Is Earlier?
Sources: Jacob Neusner’s Introduction to Rabbinic Literature, and Judith Hauptman’s “Mishnah As a Response to ‘Tosefta,’” which is in Specific Problems in Rabbinic Literature. What influenced what? That seems to be where Neusner and Hauptman disagree. According to Neusner, the … Continue reading
Pity and Plato
Source: Martha C. Nussbaum, “Philosophy and Literature,” The Cambridge Companion to Greek and Roman Philosophy, ed. David Sedley (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003) 226. “[Plato’s] Republic x takes an even stronger stance against tragic poetry…Once again, the ethical objection raised … Continue reading
Posted in Books, Comps, Desperate Housewives, Greco-Roman, Joan of Arcadia, Movies, School, Star Trek, Television 5 Comments
Today is Halloween. To read my Halloween reflections for last year, see Halloween 2007. I’d like to spend tonight watching horror movies, but I checked out some more Joan of Arcadia DVDs, and I want to watch those before they’re … Continue reading
Posted in Highway to Heaven, Holidays, Joan of Arcadia, Life, Little House, Michael Landon, Movies, Quantum Leap, Television Comments Off on Halloween 2008