Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Another First
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: October 25, 2008
Why Chief Girardi Has Problems with God
On Joan of Arcadia, Joan asks her dad, Will Girardi, if he believes in God. Will responds that his parents continually tried to shove religion down his throat, but he always wondered something: Why’s God beat up on him, when … Continue reading
Posted in Atheism, Bible, Jewish-Christian Relations, Joan of Arcadia, Rabbinics, Religion, Television 3 Comments
A Disappointing God in Joan of Arcadia
Believe it or not, I watched ten episodes of Joan of Arcadia yesterday. I did other things while I was watching it–schoolwork, weekly quiet time reading, etc.–but I spent a lot of time with those characters. I’m used to them … Continue reading
Posted in Desperate Housewives, Joan of Arcadia, Movies, Religion, Television, Theodicy, West Wing Comments Off on A Disappointing God in Joan of Arcadia
Let’s Get an Investigation Going!
The AP has a story, Goalie hurt by Palin walkway. It wasn’t her fault! Pick, pick, pick. People will probably tell me I’m overreacting, and it’s just a story about something interesting that happened. I’m sorry–the media have nitpicked Sarah … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Politics, Sarah Palin 2 Comments
Kristina Chew and ABFH on John McCain’s Autism Policy
I’m composing this here because I usually sound more rational when I’m writing on my own blog. It makes me actually have to look at what a person is saying as I formulate my response. When I reply to people … Continue reading
Posted in Asperger's, Autism, Candidates, Current Events, Politics, Sarah Palin 3 Comments
Pakistan’s Starting to Step Forward…Finally
The AP has an article this morning, Pakistan troops capture militant stronghold, commander says. Bush seems to be doing something right. Sure, Pakistan doesn’t like us striking at militant hideouts in its country, but at least it’s encouraging the Pakistanis … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Current Events, George W. Bush, Politics Comments Off on Pakistan’s Starting to Step Forward…Finally
NYT on Palin’s Early Years
This is a pretty good article, so I’m putting it here to have access to it. My bookmarks are pretty crowded! “Little-Noticed College Student to Star Politician“By MONICA DAVEY“To many who knew a young Sarah Palin, the woman onstage at … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Politics, Sarah Palin 1 Comment