Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Did the Ancients Interpret Their Cosmologies Literally?
- John MacArthur on the American Revolution, Voting
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Daily Archives: October 25, 2008
On Joan of Arcadia, Joan asks her dad, Will Girardi, if he believes in God. Will responds that his parents continually tried to shove religion down his throat, but he always wondered something: Why’s God beat up on him, when … Continue reading
Believe it or not, I watched ten episodes of Joan of Arcadia yesterday. I did other things while I was watching it–schoolwork, weekly quiet time reading, etc.–but I spent a lot of time with those characters. I’m used to them … Continue reading
The AP has a story, Goalie hurt by Palin walkway. It wasn’t her fault! Pick, pick, pick. People will probably tell me I’m overreacting, and it’s just a story about something interesting that happened. I’m sorry–the media have nitpicked Sarah … Continue reading
I’m composing this here because I usually sound more rational when I’m writing on my own blog. It makes me actually have to look at what a person is saying as I formulate my response. When I reply to people … Continue reading
The AP has an article this morning, Pakistan troops capture militant stronghold, commander says. Bush seems to be doing something right. Sure, Pakistan doesn’t like us striking at militant hideouts in its country, but at least it’s encouraging the Pakistanis … Continue reading