Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: October 19, 2008
AP Article on Palin, Environmentalism
This is a pretty good article from the AP. It presents Sarah Palin as staunchly pro-development, yet it notes pro-environment things she has done (e.g., renewable energy, pollution reduction). Palin hometown a window into her environmentalism
Posted in Candidates, Current Events, Politics, Sarah Palin Comments Off on AP Article on Palin, Environmentalism
Fishbane on Mesopotamian Legal Exegesis
Book: Michael Fishbane’s Biblical Interpretation in Ancient Israel (New York: Oxford, 1988). In Fishbane Paper: Authoritative Law Code?, I referred to Michael Fishbane’s interaction with the idea that ancient Near Eastern law codes were not real laws for real life. … Continue reading
Ben Sira’s View of the Afterlife
I finished Ben Sira last night. Something that many scholars point out is that Ben Sira didn’t really believe in an afterlife. He told his readers to enjoy the pleasures of life and the fruits of their labors, since they … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Books, Ecclesiastes, Holidays, Religion, Sirach 2 Comments
FOT 2008, Day 6
My posts yesterday, FOT 2008, Day 5 and An Addendum on God Working Things Out, had some Feast of Tabernacles themes: this life is a temporary dwelling, and we rely on God in the midst of it all. The temporary … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Holidays, Religion, Television, Touched by an Angel Comments Off on FOT 2008, Day 6