Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- II Maccabees and the Afterlife
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Can Evangelicals Learn from World Religions?, by Gerald R. McDermott
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: October 16, 2008
Today, for my comps, I read some of Jacob Neusner’s Introduction to Rabbinic Literature. Neusner, like Martin Jaffee (I think), says that rabbinic literature moved from a focus on temple to emphasizing the sanctity of all Israelites. That was why … Continue reading
The following is part of a paper I wrote on influence, intertextuality, and James 2’s interpretation of the akedah (the binding of Isaac). It may be relevant to my Fishbane paper. ————————————-There are at least two models that are relevant … Continue reading
Until I was a sophomore in high school, I took a week or two off from school for the Feast of Tabernacles. My family would go to Virginia or Panama City, Florida. Of course, someone in my family had to … Continue reading
I just heard Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) at Hebrew Union College. I found out yesterday that she would speak about how Judaism influences her public life. This intrigued me because I’m interested in the relationship between religion and public life–or … Continue reading
Here’s a video of Obama’s talk with Joe the plumber.
Here are some reactions to tonight’s debate. I took notes, but I probably won’t cover everything I wrote down. I also want to share some articles I’ve come across over the past few days. 1. I pretty much agree with … Continue reading