Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Book Write-Up: Rewire Your Heart, by David Bowden
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 29, 2008
Conservative Republicans and liberal Democrats in the House of Representatives have just killed the $700 billion bailout. This is not surprising, since representatives have said that they’ve received two types of calls from their constituents: “no” and “hell no.” On … Continue reading
For my daily quiet time, I’m reading the Book of Judith. In it, the Assyrian king Nebuchadnezzar sends his general Holofernes to invade Jerusalem. This occurs in 586 B.C.E, right after the Jews have returned from exile and rebuilt their … Continue reading
Today, I read Robert Doran’s “Jason’s Gymnasion,” Of Scribes and Scrolls, ed. Harold W. Attridge, John J. Collins, Thomas H. Tobin (Lanham: University Press of America, 1990) 99-109. Here is a quote about a change in education impacting the politeia: … Continue reading
This is a good AP article on the coming VP debate: Palin, Biden a lively pairing for veep debate. It says that some Democratic strategists are actually worried about Palin after seeing her 2006 gubernatorial debate, which is circulating on … Continue reading
The season premier for Desperate Housewives was on this evening. Remember that Wonder Years episode where Wayne Arnold told his brother Kevin to get into his car, then drove off a few feet when Kevin tried to do so? This … Continue reading
On Meet the Press, there was a Senate debate between Republican Congressman Bob Schaffer and Democratic Congressman Mark Udall, both from Colorado (see Transcript). Here’s something Udall said: “I want to correct the record. Congressman Schaffer just suggested that in … Continue reading