Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- N.T. Wright on the Virgin Birth
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Tucker's 5/17/2022 Monologue
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- A Wind in the Door
- The Pagan Sailors' Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: September 19, 2008
I’m going through Elias Bickerman’s The God of the Maccabees (Leiden: E.J. Brill, 1979) right now. He states the following: “[W]hereas athletic contests were merely strange to Cappadocian custom, they were objectionable according to Jewish law…These high priests, then, one … Continue reading
The AP has a story today, Obama backs recovery plan, says McCain “in a panic”. It’s about a speech Barack Obama recently gave on the current economic problems. Here’s an interesting detail: “As he talked to reporters he was flanked … Continue reading