Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 2, 2008
Republican National Convention
The 2008 Republican National Convention starts tonight. As with the Democratic one, the first Republican National Convention that I watched was in 1988. I watched it on NBC, and I enjoyed the way that the network played dramatic music while … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Current Events, Politics Comments Off on Republican National Convention
Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
The Catholic Study Bible says the following about the Hasmoneans, the priesthood that took over in Jerusalem after the Jews’ defeat of Antiochus Epiphanes (second century B.C.E.): “The purpose of 1 Maccabees is clear: it defends the legitimacy of the … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, I Maccabees, II Maccabees, Religion Comments Off on Were the Maccabees Aaronides?