Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: Rewire Your Heart, by David Bowden
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Book Write-Up: Gods and Kings, by Lynn Austin
- Nicholson's Summary of Rendtorff's Supplementary Hypothesis
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 1, 2008
T. Michael Halcomb has the Biblical Studies Carnival over at Pisteuomen: see Biblioblogs Carnival XXXIII. I like it because it talks about more than the same five-or-so blogs that usually make the carnival. Many of these are blogs that I … Continue reading
I’m writing this so I’ll have 50 posts for this month. Here are some ideas for the coming week: 1. Were the Maccabees descended from Aaron? I read in the Catholic Study Bible that they were not. We know that … Continue reading
II Maccabees somewhat hints at a doctrine of substitutionary atonement, in which a righteous person endures God’s wrath in place of sinners. And IV Maccabees explicitly states it. In II Maccabees, God punishes Israel for adopting Greek customs (II Maccabees … Continue reading
I’m not sure what season I’m in for the Waltons. I taped some of these episodes out of order. Last week, I watched Mary Ellen’s wedding to a country doctor. Today, Mary Ellen doesn’t even want to get married. One … Continue reading