I have Sean Hannity on right now, and Newt Gingrich commented on McCain’s choice for VP, Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska. I also read more about her in AP articles.
I love this woman!
Actually, in my last post, I neglected to mention that I had heard of her before today. On my Christian dating site, I met a woman who worked on Palin’s transition team in 2006.
Here are some things that I love about Governor Palin:
1. She has opposed corruption within her own party. As Newt Gingrich asked, when has Biden ever done that?
2. She supports drilling, yet she’s not in the pocket of the oil business. She took on the oil industry as governor! We need leaders who will not yield to special interests.
3. Like Senator McCain, she has a son who will serve in Iraq. Unlike Bush and the neo-cons, war is not an abstraction for her. Her son is willing to fight for his country!
4. Her husband is a blue-collar worker and an eighth Native American. She sounds to me like a regular person! I like Bush, but I’m a little worn out by the Clinton and Bush elites.
5. She has a child with Down Syndrome. She differs from the “pro-life” Libertarian candidate for President, Bob Barr, who paid for his wife’s abortion. This lady walks the pro-life walk, not just talks the pro-life talk. She had the child, when many women would deem it to be too difficult. And she knows what it’s like to raise a child with a disability. That encourages me, as a person with Asperger’s Syndrome.
6. She didn’t go to Harvard or Yale. Newt Gingrich said that the Left will point that out as a liability. Bring it on! I went to the Ivy League for three years, and I wouldn’t entrust this country to a lot of Harvard graduates (maybe a select few).
7. She has nothing to hide. She’s been accused of trying to have her brother-in-law fired because he was divorcing her sister, but she’s not giving us Clintonian spin, or Nixonian cover-up, or whatever Bush does to hide his dirt. She welcomes an investigation!
8. She’s a conservative woman. I love it when the Republican Party is diverse. We should be the party of more people than rich white males. And we are the party of a variety of people. We should feel free to show that off!
9. She told the federal government to take its Bridge to Nowhere and shove it! Well, not exactly in those words. But she’s against pork barrel spending, even when it comes to her state. Can we say the same about Barack Obama, who made money off of the backs of taxpayers, along with his buddy, Tony Rezco?
(UPDATE: See Palin and the Bridge to Nowhere.)
10. As a mayor, she actually cut her own salary. How many politicians do that?
I’ve commented before about how I’ve often voted for scum just because I agreed with their policies. Now, I get to vote for a good person with conservative, small-town values.
Sources: AP articles and Sarah Palin – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (which is changing every time I look at it!).