Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: A Light to My Path, by Lynn Austin
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Movie Write-Up: God's Not Dead 2
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Book Write-Up: The Counselor, by A.W. Tozer
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: July 6, 2008
N.T. Wright on the Risen John
In The Resurrection of the Son of God, N.T. Wright contends that “nowhere within [first century] Judaism…is a sustained claim advanced that resurrection has actually happened to a particular individual” (28). And so the early Christians were making an original … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Books, Religion, Resurrection, School 12 Comments
Ben Witherington on "Is N.T. Wright Overthrown?"
On Ben Witherington’s post, The Death and Resurrection of Messiah— written in stone, a few of us ask Dr. Witherington if the pre-Christian stone that talks about a dying and rising Messiah overthrows N.T. Wright’s thesis: that Jesus’ resurrection is … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, History, Religion, Resurrection 4 Comments
When Did These Characters Live?
The Book of Judges has a strange phenomenon: there are characters who crop up, and they share the same names with their places of residence and people from the Book of Numbers. First of all, there’s Jair. In Judges 10:3-4, … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Judges, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time Comments Off on When Did These Characters Live?
Is Christianity Original?
Many Christian apologists argue that Christianity was an original religion. I haven’t yet read N.T. Wright’s The Resurrection of the Son of God, but I took his class on the resurrection when I was at Harvard. His argument was that … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Books, History, Life, Religion, Resurrection, School 14 Comments