Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Steve Hays Contra Hector Avalos: Were the Disciples Deadbeat Dads?
- Patterns of Evidence (the Exodus), Part 3: Ipuwer
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Monthly Archives: June 2008
My Old Origen Posts
I wrote some posts on Origen in November for my weekly quiet time, which was then on the Book of Joshua. I did not publish them because I was saving them for a slow day, when I’d have no idea … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Joshua, Origen, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time Comments Off on My Old Origen Posts
Waltons: The Actress
I don’t normally watch the Waltons, but there was an episode today that somewhat grabbed me. It was from the first season, and it concerned a big-time movie star who stayed with the Walton family. Why did it grab me? … Continue reading
Posted in Books, Little House, Michael Landon, Religion, Television, Waltons 2 Comments
From the Library 2
I’m still working my way through John Marks’ Reasons to Believe: One Man’s Journey among the Evangelicals and the Faith He Left Behind, and Bruce Bartlett’s Wrong on Race: The Democratic Party’s Buried Past. These books have lots of jewels, … Continue reading
McCain Should Fawn Over Obama?
The AP has a story entitled, “Republican Huckabee says don’t denigrate Obama” (see here). The article states: “Former US presidential contender Mike Huckabee urged his fellow Republicans on Wednesday not to denigrate Democrat Barack Obama, saying they should celebrate the … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Current Events, Politics 6 Comments
I’m Slightly Mad at President Bush
The AP has a news story today entitled, Bush to Congress: Embrace energy exploration now. The gist of the story is as follows: “With gasoline topping $4 a gallon, President Bush urged Congress on Wednesday to lift its long-standing ban … Continue reading
Posted in Current Events, Environment, George W. Bush, Politics 6 Comments
Jesus and Bethlehem
At DePauw University, a religion professor of mine said that Matthew and Luke have different goals in their stories about Jesus’ birth: Matthew wants to get Joseph and Mary from Bethlehem to Nazareth, whereas Luke wants to get them from … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Life, Luke, Religion, School 13 Comments
"I Feel So Clean!"
In Luke 3:19-20, we read, “But Herod the ruler, who had been rebuked by him because of Herodias, his brother’s wife, and because of all the evil things that Herod had done, added to them all by shutting up John … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Books, Daily Quiet Time, James Dobson, Life, Luke, Religion 4 Comments
Is Dr. Dobson a Sinless Perfectionist?
Years ago, I visited the web site of Gil Moegerle, who worked for many years with Dr. James Dobson in Focus on the Family. Due to a variety of factors, Moegerle became embittered with Dr. Dobson, and he wrote a … Continue reading
Posted in Alcoholism, Bible, Books, Church, James Dobson, Life, Matthew, Radio, Religion 7 Comments
A False Hope?
I’ve often struggled with the opening chapters of Luke. When you watch most Jesus movies (including the controversial Last Temptation of Christ), you get the following message: Jesus was a different kind of Messiah from what most Jews were anticipating. … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Luke, Religion Comments Off on A False Hope?
Another View on Judges 8
I often submit my blog posts to Helium, a web site for wannabe writers (like yours truly). You can write an article under a topic that’s already on the Helium site, and that will get it published immediately. Well, I … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Judges, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time 7 Comments