Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Book Write-Up: A Commentary on 1&2 Chronicles, by Eugene H. Merrill
- Women and Cultic Purity
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Church Write-Up: Romans 8:14-30 and Forgiveness
- Book Write-Up: Suicide of a Superpower, State of Emergency, Day of Reckoning (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- The Insulted Soldiers Hoax
- Book Write-Ups: Libido Dominandi, The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit (E. Michael Jones)
- Romans 7-8 and Review of Discerning Ethics
- Book Write-Up: Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Church Write-Up: Baptism and Love
- Book Write-Up: Republican Women, Divided We Stand
- Church Write-Up about Romans 5-6, Tension, and Witnessing, and Book Write-Up about the IVP Reformation Commentary on Joshua, Judges, and Ruth
- Book Write-Ups: Strike from Space, Ambush at Vladivostok (Phyllis Schlafly)
Daily Archives: May 16, 2008
I read the chapter on faith in Obama’s Audacity of Hope. It moved me to tears at some points, as when he talked about the time he reached out to peaceful pro-life demonstrators at one of his rallies, or the … Continue reading
I was reading the parable of the ten virgins yesterday (see Matthew 25:1-13), in which there are five wise virgins and five foolish virgins. The five foolish ones took no oil with them when they went out to wait for … Continue reading
The AP has a news story today entitled “Gay Marriage Opponents Vow to Fight California Ruling” (see here). It’s about the recent California Supreme Court decision that recognizes gay marriage. As if the decision isn’t bad enough, here are some … Continue reading
I absolutely love Smallville. I can watch those shows over and over! As a matter of fact, I do watch those shows over and over (while I’m doing constructive things, of course). Well, for the first five seasons, John Schneider … Continue reading
I just finished Obama’s chapter on foreign policy in Audacity of Hope (“The World Beyond Our Borders”). There are many things that I can say about several of Obama’s points. But, today, I want to focus on four of his … Continue reading