Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Does the Bible Have a Place in the Academic Discussion of Theology?
- Book Write-Up: The Strength of His Hand, by Lynn Austin
- Nick Peters' Interview with David Wood on the Problem of Evil
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: A Shared Mercy, by Jon Coutts
- Book Write-Up: Reading Buechner, by Jeffrey Munroe
- Booknotes: Puritans, Brown on LGBTQ Movement, Laura Ingraham
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
Daily Archives: May 14, 2008
In Loving People, John Townsend criticizes those who religiously justify their disconnection from people. For Townsend, God created us for love. He wants us to love and to be loved within the context of a community. But many people assume … Continue reading →
Yesterday, I finished John Townsend’s Loving People: How to Love and Be Loved (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2007). What did I like about the book? He said that people need to receive love in order to give it to others. According … Continue reading →