Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Bible Question: Why Didn't Joseph Contact Jacob?
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- David Bryan on N.T. Wright and the Argument from “Anachronistic Anastasis” by Eric Bess — Κέλσος
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Book Write-Up: Men and Women in Christ, by Andrew Bartlett
- Psalm 119: Shin/Sin
- Church Write-Up: Ash Wednesday 2020
- Book Write-Up: God in Himself, by Steven J. Duby
- Church Write-Up: Listening, and the Dark Night of the Soul
- How to Kill Your Christian Joy and Assurance
- Church Write-Up: The Transfiguration (Matthew 17:1-9)
- Review of “J. Gresham Machen: A Biographical Memoir” by Ned B. Stonehouse
- My cloud of witnesses: 7 traits of highly effective race runners
- Book Write-Up: The Victory of the Cross, by James R. Payton Jr.
- Church Write-Up: Law, Keeping It Real, and Sharing One’s Faith
- Wayne Allyn Root: Mexico Is Paying for Trump’s Wall
Monthly Archives: May 2008
Ever since I read Scot McKnight’s A Community Called Atonement, I’ve been visiting his web site every now and then. One post there that has gotten a lot of responses is God’s Wrath: A Question. Basically, it concerns a Christian … Continue reading
After I wrote my recent post on Roots, Episode 4 (see Before the Storms Hit…), I thought about the whole issue of freedom. The slaves did not have freedom, for they were totally subject to the will of their master. … Continue reading
The AP has a good story this morning, entitled, “‘Last stand’ for Clinton at Democratic meeting “(see here). I haven’t been closely following the whole broo-ha-ha about the Michigan and Florida delegates, so I was happy that this article offered … Continue reading
I’ve been informed this morning, by my mom and my Aunt C., that Armstrong didn’t come up with that Santa Claus and Jesus argument–you know, the one that says kids who believe in Santa Claus and find out he’s not … Continue reading
Oh, I have one more thing to mention before I turn off my computer. I’m in the tenth season of 7th Heaven, and I just saw the Christmas episode, which is probably the most Christian episode of the whole series. … Continue reading
Well, I’m supposed to be getting some thunderstorms tonight, and that may knock out my power, so I’ll get my blog written as quickly as I can. I’m watching episode 4 of Roots right now, the one in which Mike … Continue reading