Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Andy Griffith Show: "Runaway Kid," and Moral Questions
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Book Write-Up: It's Very Simple, by Alan Stang
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Joan of Arcadia: Desolation and Consolation
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Monthly Archives: May 2008
Ever since I read Scot McKnight’s A Community Called Atonement, I’ve been visiting his web site every now and then. One post there that has gotten a lot of responses is God’s Wrath: A Question. Basically, it concerns a Christian … Continue reading
After I wrote my recent post on Roots, Episode 4 (see Before the Storms Hit…), I thought about the whole issue of freedom. The slaves did not have freedom, for they were totally subject to the will of their master. … Continue reading
The AP has a good story this morning, entitled, “‘Last stand’ for Clinton at Democratic meeting “(see here). I haven’t been closely following the whole broo-ha-ha about the Michigan and Florida delegates, so I was happy that this article offered … Continue reading
I’ve been informed this morning, by my mom and my Aunt C., that Armstrong didn’t come up with that Santa Claus and Jesus argument–you know, the one that says kids who believe in Santa Claus and find out he’s not … Continue reading
Oh, I have one more thing to mention before I turn off my computer. I’m in the tenth season of 7th Heaven, and I just saw the Christmas episode, which is probably the most Christian episode of the whole series. … Continue reading
Well, I’m supposed to be getting some thunderstorms tonight, and that may knock out my power, so I’ll get my blog written as quickly as I can. I’m watching episode 4 of Roots right now, the one in which Mike … Continue reading
I want to expand on what I said in How Many Times Was I Saved?, and I will discuss my prayer life in the process. Which salvation experience do I count as my true entrance into Christianity? I would say … Continue reading
I’m at the public library right now, and I checked out four books: 1. David Jay Johnston, Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense (And Stick You with the Bill) (New York: Portfolio, 2007). This book … Continue reading
I’m currently reading The 10 Commandments of Dating, by Ben Young and Dr. Samuel Adams (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1999). Today, I want to engage its definition of a Christian. The deal is this: Young and Adams say that Christians should … Continue reading