Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- The Hour Is Come!
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The "We-Passages"
- St. Francis of Assisi and the Three Robbers
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: April 28, 2008
Eli Stone: Turning a Motif On Its Head
I know it’s late, but I want to comment on the season finale of Eli Stone. One of the subplots went like this: Toby from The West Wing (only, here, his name wasn’t “Toby”) came to Eli and wanted his … Continue reading
Posted in 7th Heaven, Abstinence, Eli Stone, Movies, Religion, Television, Touched by an Angel, West Wing 3 Comments
Some Loose Ends on Religious Pluralism
I just want to add a few more thoughts on More Than One Way? I didn’t know where to fit them in my other posts, so I’ll put them here. 1. Geivett/Phillips respond to accusations that they are proof-texting. That … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Books, Pluralism, Religion 2 Comments
Geivett/Phillips’ Exclusivist View
Today, I’ll point out some interesting things in Part 4 of Zondervan’s More Than One Way? This section presents the exclusivist view, the belief that only those who hear and accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ can be saved. The … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Books, Pluralism, Religion, Resurrection Comments Off on Geivett/Phillips’ Exclusivist View