Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- "You Prayed and Believed Your WHOLE Life..."
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- George Foot Moore, "Christian Writers on Judaism"
- The Accused
- About Me
- Josephus on Signs; Giants from the Abyss
- Reactions to Sybil (2008)
- The Contender: Richard Nixon, The Congress Years 14
- “You Prayed and Believed Your WHOLE Life…”
- Gaza Power Plant Attacked By Israeli Tank Fire, Knocking Out Electricity To Gaza City
- Envious of the Saved by the Bell Characters?
- Pagnini and the welfare state
- Book Write-Up: How to Pick Up a Stripper, and Other Acts of Kindness
- Reaching Across the Aisle
- Does God Have a Plan for People’s Lives?
- I Chronicles 20
- Book Write-Up: The Cambridge Companion to Karl Barth
- Interesting Criticism of Kant
Daily Archives: March 25, 2012
This post is about the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin. 1. George Will and Donna Brazile had insightful comments on ABC This Week. Click here for the transcript. George Will said: “That the law in question, the so-called Stand Your … Continue reading
For my write-up today on church, I’ll quote the Prayer of Confession from the liturgy: “O God of laughter and tears, we come in this Lenten season weighed down by the past. Sometimes we feel trapped by past actions, past … Continue reading
For this post, I will share some comments that I read on Susan Faludi’s 1991 book Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women. I will focus primarily on a February 1992 article by Charlotte Low Allen in Commentary, but I … Continue reading