Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: James the Just
- Piety: Ziba, David, and Mephibosheth
- Was Jonah Dead? Was Jesus Taking Away Dionysus' Glory?
- About Me
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- "Of the Faith of the Fathers"
- Charlene's Story
- Forgiven Yet Not Regenerated?
- Scattered Ramblings on an Atheist Podcast and Believing in God
- Book Write-Up: Religion of the Romans
- Movie Write-Up: Grace Unplugged
- Book Review: The Christian Doctrine of Apokatastasis
- Book Write-Up: The Foundation of Communion with God
- Book Write-Up: Look and Live, by Matt Papa
- Love Sermons—-I Should Expect Them!
- On the Shoulders of Giants: Rediscovering the lost defenses of Christianity
- II Chronicles 4
Daily Archives: January 28, 2010
Two people have passed away: Zelda Rubinstein and J.D. Salinger. 1. Zelda Rubinstein played on the movie Poltergeist, though I knew her more as the mischievous secretary on Picket Fences. My family didn’t watch Poltergeist, probably because we felt that … Continue reading
I joined a Facebook group supporting Tim Tebow’s pro-life commercial, which may or may not appear during the Superbowl. (Go Colts!) I joined it because, on the commercial, Tebow talks about how he’s glad that his mom didn’t abort him … Continue reading
The AP has a story, Howard Zinn, liberal author of ‘A People’s History,’ dies. I don’t know much about him. I heard of him on Good Will Hunting because Matt Daimon told Robin Williams’ that Zinn’s People’s History will “knock your … Continue reading
1. In Ancient Israelite Religion, I read Jeffrey Tigay’s “Israelite Religion: The Onomastic and Epigraphic Evidence.” Tigay’s conclusion after his survey is as follows (page 178): Since personal names, salutations, votives, prayers, and oaths express thanks for the gods’ beneficence, … Continue reading