Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- "You Prayed and Believed Your WHOLE Life..."
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- The Accused
- George Foot Moore, "Christian Writers on Judaism"
- The Waltons: The Sermon
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Finishing Up Hoffmeier
- Completing Garbini's History and Ideology in Ancient Israel
- “You Prayed and Believed Your WHOLE Life…”
- Gaza Power Plant Attacked By Israeli Tank Fire, Knocking Out Electricity To Gaza City
- Envious of the Saved by the Bell Characters?
- Pagnini and the welfare state
- Book Write-Up: How to Pick Up a Stripper, and Other Acts of Kindness
- Reaching Across the Aisle
- Does God Have a Plan for People’s Lives?
- I Chronicles 20
- Book Write-Up: The Cambridge Companion to Karl Barth
- Interesting Criticism of Kant
Daily Archives: January 28, 2010
Two people have passed away: Zelda Rubinstein and J.D. Salinger. 1. Zelda Rubinstein played on the movie Poltergeist, though I knew her more as the mischievous secretary on Picket Fences. My family didn’t watch Poltergeist, probably because we felt that … Continue reading
I joined a Facebook group supporting Tim Tebow’s pro-life commercial, which may or may not appear during the Superbowl. (Go Colts!) I joined it because, on the commercial, Tebow talks about how he’s glad that his mom didn’t abort him … Continue reading
The AP has a story, Howard Zinn, liberal author of ‘A People’s History,’ dies. I don’t know much about him. I heard of him on Good Will Hunting because Matt Daimon told Robin Williams’ that Zinn’s People’s History will “knock your … Continue reading
1. In Ancient Israelite Religion, I read Jeffrey Tigay’s “Israelite Religion: The Onomastic and Epigraphic Evidence.” Tigay’s conclusion after his survey is as follows (page 178): Since personal names, salutations, votives, prayers, and oaths express thanks for the gods’ beneficence, … Continue reading