Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Ascetic Mindsets and Marriage: Stoicism and Augustine
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Buckley on Racism and the American Dream
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- The Serving and Served Messiah
- Book Write-Up: The Christ of the Covenants, by O. Palmer Robertson
- I Chronicles 25
- Book Write-Up: The Forgotten Man, by Amity Shlaes
- Book Write-Up: From Paradise to the Promised Land
- Matching Labels
- Faith Without Apologetics
- The Pagan Sailors’ Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- Book Write-Up: Illusion, by Frank Peretti
- Praying about Current Events, “God’s Not Dead” Bible Study, Getting Out of the Way
- I Chronicles 24
- My Blog Is 7!
Monthly Archives: March 2008
In Matthew 5:21-26, Jesus says the following: “You have heard that it was said to those of ancient times, ‘You shall not murder'; and ‘whoever murders shall be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that if you are … Continue reading
Matthew 5:13 says, “You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything, but is thrown out and trampled under foot” (NRSV). Christians … Continue reading
I suppose that television has always been rather liberal. Dallas, for example, presented rich capitalists as a conniving bunch of people. On Thursday night, however, I felt that the liberalism got more blatant. I watch Eli Stone on Thursday nights. … Continue reading
Matthew 5:10-12 says the following: “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely … Continue reading
In Matthew 4:18-22, Jesus calls Peter, Andrew, James, and John to be his disciples. All of them immediately leave behind their family fishing business to follow Jesus. Why did they follow Jesus? They had good jobs. Why did they exchange … Continue reading
In Matthew 3:11, John the Baptist says, “I baptize you with water for repentance, but one who is more powerful than I is coming after me; I am not worthy to carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the … Continue reading