Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Our Parents Being Human, and Stephen King's IT
- Psalm 7
- Moses' Uncircumcised Lips, Emotional Yet Recited Prayer
- My Twenty Favorite Desperate Housewives Episodes
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Josephus on Signs; Giants from the Abyss
- “Let It Go”—-For Ten Hours
- Johnson-cosmic redemption
- Book Write-Up: Sacred Fragments, by Neil Gillman
- “Kyriocentric” Visions and the Origins of Jesus-Devotion
- Vacation Bible School Update
- James Garner
- Refreshment for the Soul: What I Love about the Reformed Church
- I Chronicles 19
- Movie Write-Up: Saving Mr. Banks
- Contaminating Heaven, or Fitting In There?
Monthly Archives: March 2008
In Matthew 5:21-26, Jesus says the following: “You have heard that it was said to those of ancient times, ‘You shall not murder’; and ‘whoever murders shall be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that if you are … Continue reading
Matthew 5:13 says, “You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything, but is thrown out and trampled under foot” (NRSV). Christians … Continue reading
I suppose that television has always been rather liberal. Dallas, for example, presented rich capitalists as a conniving bunch of people. On Thursday night, however, I felt that the liberalism got more blatant. I watch Eli Stone on Thursday nights. … Continue reading
Matthew 5:10-12 says the following: “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely … Continue reading
In Matthew 4:18-22, Jesus calls Peter, Andrew, James, and John to be his disciples. All of them immediately leave behind their family fishing business to follow Jesus. Why did they follow Jesus? They had good jobs. Why did they exchange … Continue reading
In Matthew 3:11, John the Baptist says, “I baptize you with water for repentance, but one who is more powerful than I is coming after me; I am not worthy to carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the … Continue reading
“Anonymous” has left a comment under an old post of mine, Asperger’s and Religion. I want to share it with everyone because it contains a lot of jewels, and I don’t want people to miss them because the post is … Continue reading
In Matthew 2:1-2, we read the following: “In the time of King Herod, after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, asking, ‘Where is the child who has been born king of … Continue reading
Malachi 1:2-3 says, “I have loved you, says the LORD. But you say, ‘How have you loved us?’ Is not Esau Jacob’s brother? says the LORD. Yet I have loved Jacob but I have hated Esau; I have made his … Continue reading